Acer Iconia Tab A500 Update Zip Download UPDATED

Acer Iconia Tab A500 Update Zip Download

You lot are using an out of date browser. Information technology may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or apply an culling browser.
  • #1
Freshly congenital Android four.4.4 ROM based on Omnirom KitKat !

The Team 'IconiaHD' is proud to present a new ROM for your Acer A500 or A501 tablet.

This modest team is composed of:
- HenrikE: A200 owner, responsible for an unofficial CM-10.2 build for the A200
- Doume: A200 owner, experienced linux programmer
- macia10: A501 owner, tester

IconiaHDlogo_200.png

This is essentially the same rom every bit we published for the A200 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2693179 and here: http://www.acertabletforum.com/forum/acer-a200-roms/10043-rom-a200-omnirom-kitkat-iv-4-2-a.html
We have now modified our sources to back up also the A500!

Why Omnirom, and non Cyanogenmod ?
Google , through AOSP repository, has dropped support for the Tegra 2 platform. The Tegra 2 does not support the 'neon' instruction fix, and more importantly relies on a set of old (ICS) proprietary hardware libraries. AOSP has dropped back up for both non-neon devices and the older hardware libraries.

Cyanogenmod has decided to follow AOSP on this and has dropped Tegra 2 support since CM-x.2. With CM-10.2 the differences were not still very big and could be overcome. But with CM-11 information technology has become an unreasonably large endeavor to add Tegra 2 back up.

Only Omnirom, for now, has included the forward-ported lawmaking in its repository to support machines like Acer A500

How to install

Recovery
To flash this rom, it'southward necessary to have a recent recovery (at least CWM half-dozen.0.4.4 or TWRP 2.6.3.one) having Selinux capabilities.
Otherwise the flash operation fails with condition 0 or status seven. There are also some problems installing GApps with Thor's recovery v.1.8.1.
Nosotros recommend using CWM 6.0.4.5 past nelsontky: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2583710

Flashing
Boot in recovery way to flash the KitKat Rom.
First, don't forget to execute a 'Wipe Data/Manufactory reset'
Wink the KitKat Rom
Flash the Minimal Gapps
Practise a 'wipe cache segmentation'
Flash the SuperSU zip file if you demand information technology
Flash the Netflix fix if you need it

And reboot Organization !

Be patient on first boot... There's a lot of background work to do, before coming to the 'Welcome' screen. Don't worry if yous are stuck with a blackness screen for several minutes. Adjacent boot will be much faster.
After starting time configuration, it's recommended to reboot the tablet to avoid some unstabilities after 1st boot.

Enjoy KitKat !

Screenshot_1_800.png
Screenshot_2_a500_800.png

Downloads
Download build 8, 2015-02-10, from here:
Annotation: This is an untested build! If you attempt it, please report back on how it runs! The A501 version probably has the same stability problems as before builds, just please experience gratuitous to exam it. It'south at least possible that some update of the OmniROM sources has helped.
A500: omni-4.4.iv-20150210-a500-IconiaHD.zip
A501: omni-iv.4.4-20150210-a501-IconiaHD.zip
(Build seven was for A200 only)

Download build 6, 2014-07-xiv, from here:
Primary A500: omni-4.4.iv-20140714-a500-IconiaHD.zippo MD5: c5fcabf327c390f5c4ef5495edda616c
Mirror A500: omni-iv.4.4-20140714-a500-IconiaHD.zilch
- stock-still Plex video streaming (reverted to 4.4.2 version of Http Live Streaming)
- sync with OmniROM repos
- network location works
This build is A500 only since the problems with the A501 version are not yet solved.

Download build 5, 2014-06-23, from here:
Primary A500: omni-4.4.4-20140623-a500-IconiaHD.zip MD5: 7d6b17f7dc9027371a56f04b9377efe9
Mirror A500: omni-four.4.4-20140623-a500-IconiaHD.cipher
- updated to Android 4.4.4
- sync with OmniROM repos
- permanent Netflix fix from Asus TF101 included
Unfortunately nosotros can't release the A501 version however because we are struggling with serious stability problems related to the 3g commuter.

Download build 4, 2014-04-29, from here:
Updated! If you downloaded build four with an older date, please download again!
Primary A500: omni-four.four.2-20140429-a500-IconiaHD.nothing
Mirror A500: omni-iv.four.two-20140429-a500-IconiaHD.zip
Primary A501: omni-4.four.ii-20140429-a501-IconiaHD.nada MD5: 898feec518b2fb60e1a551208f318a7f
Mirror A501: omni-4.four.2-20140429-a501-IconiaHD.cipher
Changelog
- Start release for A501, includes MBM HAL to support GPS and 3g
- Stock-still network location provider
- Fixed boot animation
- Removed apps Moving-picture show Studio, Voice Dialer, OpenDelta
- Sync with OmniROM repos

Download build 3, 2014-04-04, from here:
omni-iv.4.2-20140404-a500-IconiaHD.cipher
Changelog
- First release for A500

Build 1&2 were for A200 only.

GApps are here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
For the A200 the Pico package is the just one that is small enough so nosotros more often than not recommend that. The A500 has more space in the organisation sectionalisation and should be able to utilise the larger packages as well.

SuperSU is hither: (needed only if you wish to have a total rooted admission)
SuperSU is needed for root, go the latest CWM flashable nil from hither:
[2014.02.06] SuperSU v1.93 - xda-developers

Netflix fix for builds 1-iv (not needed for build 5) is here: netflixfix.zip
Flash in recovery. Information technology volition only copy this simple script to init.d. It is run during kicking and changes a setting in the Netflix configuration to apply a player backend that works with the Tegra two. This is a workaround for a bug in Netflix that makes it choose a video player backend that is incompatible with the Tegra two. The config file is created the first time Netflix is started, and so the very first time you beginning Netflix information technology volition force close. Subsequently that, reboot, and so Netflix should piece of work.

Remember : in all cases, information technology's a good idea to make a backup before installing!
We're non responsible, in any mode, if you brick your tablet!

Large thanks to:
- the Omnirom team
- pjsports for the A500 JB kernel and device tree
- nelsontky for building the recovery
- and anybody else that has been working on the Iconia A500 / A200!

The kernel, and the device tree are available at GitHub: IconiaHD Github

Final edited:
  • #2
Known issues:

All builds
Racket in sound playback, caused past a too low default minimum CPU frequency. Solved past increasing minimum frequency to 312 MHz.
-In Settings / About tablet, tap build number 7 times until you lot get a message "you are now a programmer". This enables the performance bill of fare.
-In settings / Performance, increase minimum cpu frequency to 312 MHz. Also tick "set on kick" to go far permanent.

Build 6
Full general
-Default sound recorder app is included just the icon does non prove up
-A501 version is unusable considering of random reboots

Incompatible apps
-?

Notes
-XBMC should work if you install this version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0cg8j1dg994gdu6/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk (plant by user SDBerndt at acertabletforum, thanks!)

Build 5
General
-Default sound recorder app is included only the icon does non show up
-A501 version is unusable because of random reboots

Incompatible apps
-?

Notes
-XBMC should piece of work if yous install this version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0cg8j1dg994gdu6/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk (plant by user SDBerndt at acertabletforum, thanks!)

Build four
General
-Default sound recorder app is included merely the icon does non show upward

Incompatible apps
-?

Notes
-XBMC should piece of work if you lot install this version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0cg8j1dg994gdu6/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk (found by user SDBerndt at acertabletforum, cheers!)
-Netflix needs a workaround to run, come across first post

Build 3
General
-Network Location Provider does not work
-Default sound recorder app is included simply the icon does not show upwardly
-The boot blitheness stops after few seconds, instead of looping until kicking is completed

Incompatible apps
-Movie Studio (congenital in)

Notes
-XBMC should work if you lot install this version: http://world wide web.mediafire.com/download/0cg8j1dg994gdu6/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk (found by user SDBerndt at acertabletforum, thanks!)
-Netflix needs a workaround to run, run into first mail service

Build two
A200 merely

Build 1
A200 just

Terminal edited:
kronflux
  • #iii
I'd really prefer to run into someone port a clean working re-create of CyanogenMod 11 to this device, personally. the TegraOwners team already has a working port of OmniRom on the A500, which is a footling laggy, simply otherwise fully functional(including netflix, sound recorder, etc.)
  • #four
I'd really prefer to see someone port a clean working re-create of CyanogenMod eleven to this device, personally. the TegraOwners team already has a working port of OmniRom on the A500, which is a little laggy, but otherwise fully functional(including netflix, sound recorder, etc.)

Well then why non endeavour doing it yourself?
The main thought with this rom is to provide an open source alternative for the A500. Not everyone appreciates the closed source policy at the "other forum".
kronflux
  • #5
sorry, I sort of worded my mail a little harshly and it came out incorrect.
I'one thousand really plenty happy to meet an culling to their roms, and to run across that someone is working on the A500 at all.
I meant to say that although it's nice to see, I would personally rather see someone attempt to port it(even if information technology'due south a failed endeavour, and post their results and then others can endeavour and help out), even though information technology's a lot of work and a lot harder than AOSP at the moment.

Unfortunately I don't take the knowledge or skills to get any rom working on whatever device. I've even tried compiling roms before, and failed. Maybe someday! :p

  • #6
sorry, I sort of worded my post a little harshly and information technology came out wrong.
I'g actually enough happy to come across an alternative to their roms, and to run across that someone is working on the A500 at all.
I meant to say that although it'due south dainty to run across, I would personally rather see someone try to port it(even if it's a failed attempt, and post their results so others can try and help out), fifty-fifty though it's a lot of work and a lot harder than AOSP at the moment.

Unfortunately I don't accept the noesis or skills to become any rom working on any device. I've even tried compiling roms before, and failed. Peradventure anytime! :p


Ok no problem. We really did endeavour to build CM first. Only we could never go it to display the user interface because of the missing support for our graphics libraries. When nosotros realized how large the effort would exist to become it working, and that support was already bachelor in OmniROM, we switched. I don't know well-nigh Thor, but I'thou guessing his reason for switching to omni were similar.

Our sources for cm11 are on github, in branch "cm11" and just in the a200 device tree. It's a fair chip behind the OmniROM version now though. It would be better to take the omnirom co-operative and modify it back to CM format. The differences between CM and Omni device trees are not very big.

Edit: I should add that the challenging part would be to change the CM android_frameworks_av and android_frameworks_native packages to add support for the tegra2 libraries. There alse seems to be a quite new bug in the CM build system that makes it compile in neon instructions even when it shouldn't.

  • #7
Prefer annihilation over CM, thanks! I'll have to reroot since I upgraded to the latest version of ICS. I'll report back whatsoever bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Atheosun
  • #viii
Henrik & the squad, many thanks for your efforts. I never thought Kitkat would ever reach the shores of the A500. I thought all Rom support had all but ended.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

  • #ix
Squeamish work, I thought for certain that we would never meet 4.4 on an A500. I take it flashed and running. I tried Netflix and information technology forcefulness closes. Also the video recording doesn't piece of work.
  • #10
Overnice piece of work, I thought for sure that we would never see 4.4 on an A500. I have it flashed and running. I tried Netflix and it force closes. Also the video recording doesn't work.
Thanks for the written report! Which app did y'all use to test video recording?
  • #thirteen
Is this overclocked?

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

  • #14
Aye, overclocking is included. You just have to enable information technology in the developer options.
  • #fifteen
I establish a workaround for Netflix here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_hardkernel_odroidu2/blob/cm-x.2/conf/98netflix
It seems to work also on this rom, it displays the interface now instead of just endmost. But nobody in the squad has a Netflix account so we haven't been able to get further than that. I made a simple flashable zip to install the fix. But wink it in the recovery. It will but re-create ane file, and not touch anything else. The download link is in the first post.
  • #xvi
Flashed and it worked. I was able to stream and all skilful. Crawly!
I found a workaround for Netflix hither: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_hardkernel_odroidu2/blob/cm-10.two/conf/98netflix
It seems to piece of work also on this rom, it displays the interface now instead of just endmost. Simply nobody in the team has a Netflix account so we haven't been able to get farther than that. I made a simple flashable aught to install the fix. Simply flash it in the recovery. Information technology volition but copy one file, and not touch on annihilation else. The download link is in the first mail.
Dalvik_Cache
  • #17
USB Device Not Recognized

Hey everyone,

Deplorable if this is a dumb question... I but picked up an A500 tonight, and can't become the USB drivers to work. Specifically, when I plug in the cable I become "USB Device Non Recognized". As a event, I tin can't become into kicking loader style, etc. I downloaded the Acer driivers, the Universal Android Drivers, etc, and it does the same for all of them. Whatever ideas?

Cheers!
Mandy

  • #18
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question... I just picked upward an A500 this night, and tin can't get the USB drivers to work. Specifically, when I plug in the cable I get "USB Device Not Recognized". As a event, I can't get into kicking loader mode, etc. I downloaded the Acer driivers, the Universal Android Drivers, etc, and it does the same for all of them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mandy


Peradventure a faulty usb cable?
Dalvik_Cache
  • #19
Perhaps a faulty usb cable?

The for the idea. I've tried a few. I just tried a new PC too. Think maybe it's the tablet... :(

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Similar threads

DOWNLOAD HERE

Posted by: lopezplics1984.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan Banner setelah judul